SKCE is active in the application of geophysics for research and investigation of exploration targets. Reuniting our know-how in geophysics, geology, up-to-date technologies and with the aid of industrial software, within the years SKCE has managed to deliver perfectly satisfactory services to his customers. Our specialties include but are not limited to:
- 2D and 3D Refraction Seismic Surveys
With application to groundwater investigation, shallow engineering geophysical studies, Site investigations, and civil projects focusing on the following methods:
- Shallow Reflection Seismic Surveys
- Cross-hole Seismic Tomography Surveys
- Down-hole Seismic Surveys
- 2D and 3D Reflection Seismic Surveys
Aiming for high resolution images of deep petroleum reservoirs, reservoir characteristics and geological model of the reservoir.
- Passive Seismic Surveys
Passive Seismic Tomography, and Seismic Ambient noise method, widely used to resolve subsurface structures at different scale lengths
- Vertical Seismic Profiling
Investigating formations penetrated by a borehole, and providing quantitative correlation with surface seismic data Vertical Seismic Profiling projects
2.Well Logging Studies
Well Logging provides the most precise information of subsurface materials. Based on different petrophysical properties, various apparatus are used; Natural-Gamma, Gamma-Gamma (Density), Neutron-Gamma (Porosity) and Sonic (Vp and Vs ).
3.Seismic Hazard Assessments
With application to liquefaction, fault rupture potential studies
With application to mineral exploration, water investigation, engineering, geological investigation and water engineering purposes, focusing on the following lines of work
- Resistivity and Induced Potential Surveys
One of the most powerful method to investigate wide range of purposes like Geological investigation, Civil Engineering, mining exploration, water resources, archeological exploration and environmental issues.
- Geological & Civil Engineering
- Water investigation
- Mineral investigation
- Archeological investigation
- Mise A La Masse Surveys
This method is applied to study on environmental purposes including investigations of water flow in the subsurface materials or detecting water paths surrounding springs, and the contamination investigation.
- Self-Potential Surveys
Spontaneous Potentials produced naturally by the water flow in the subsurface material and near the springs, mineral deposits, contamination plumes could be analyzed by the use of this method.
- Electro Magnetic Studies
Considered as the most Non-intrusive Geophysical methods, highly widespread within the past decade are the electromagnetic methods, categorized into Time Domain and Frequency Domain technique. Frequency domain are differentiated by the frequency range that used by the transmitter, the four following methods respectively cover covers highest frequency to lowest frequency ranges.
5.Ground Penetration Radar Surveys
Ground penetrating radar (GPR) is a technique based on the use of focused radar energy which penetrates the ground and is reflected back by any interfaces encountered. The applications for GPR are Roads and Bridges, Civil Infrastructures, Environmental Studies and Subsidence, Cavity and Karst Mapping
Metallic deposits, Faults, structure of basements and geological investigation and etc. could be investigated by the use of Magneto metric survey as a low cost and so fast method. This method could be divided to one sensor survey and gradiometric survey.
This method is applied to studies on regional geological mapping, detection of karsts and voids, mineral exploration, measurements of sediment thickness and archaeological surveys.
8.Remote Sensing and GIS
Our expertise in the field of space – based remote sensing technologies and geomatics goes back to a quarter of century ago. With our experiences, we are also equipped with most modern software available in the world market.
1.Geosciences and Reservoir Characterization
- Geological Studies
- Well site Geological Studies
- Well Programming and Completion Reporting
- Petrophysical analysis and interpretations
- Geological and petrophysical mappings
- Reservoir characterization using seismic, petrophysics, geology and reservoir engineering data
- Regional and Exploration Block Evaluations
- Remote Sensing and GIS
The Reservoir Engineering &Simulation team provides our clients with detailed understanding and a clear definition of the distinctive characteristics of the reservoir that leads to optimum oil and gas production by combination of petroleum reservoir engineering analysis and computer simulation study. In our reservoir studies, we deploy a multi-disciplinary team of experienced experts drawn from reservoir engineering, geological, petrophysical, geophysical, etc. using the best practice procedures and latest technology to critically evaluate all the key issues, (technical and economic issues) required to optimize the oil or gas field.
- Reservoir characterization
- Integrated field studies
- Classical reservoir engineering
- Reservoir simulation
- Reservoir management optimization
- Well design and planning
- Field appraisal
- Development planning
- Field performance analysis
- Enhanced oil recovery (EOR & IOR) projects
- Gas reservoir development
- Underground Gas storage studies
3.Well Test Design, Supervision & Analysis
Properly designed, executed well testing programs and the interpretation of the acquired data will assist to realistically quantify reservoir definition, determine recoverable reserves, optimize production and predict long term deliverability.
Our extensive experience has taught us clearly that “Well Test Interpretation” is much more than “Pressure Transient Analysis”. Well Test Interpretation involves every one of the components listed below and includes an appreciation of the realities of conducting a well test as well as the power (and limitations) of reservoir models.
Design appropriate tests to meet the projects requirement and objectives
- Coordinate all relevant pressure information.
- Coordinate field data acquisition requirements with the client’s field personnel, contract personnel (if applicable) and equipment.
- Supervision (on-site) of the testing operation and test data acquisition by qualified client personnel.
- Field inspection and validation of the acquired data to ensure sufficient quality data is acquired to meet the test objectives.
- In depth technical analysis of the acquired data and deliverability forecasting to assist in effective and profitable decisions, regarding reservoir management and production optimization.
Our company has several senior wellsite geologists with many years’ experience by working at the rig site at different areas of Zagros and Persian Gulf. Our personnel are familiar with the critical casing point, high and low pressure zones of the fields in designated area. More than 200 development, and several appraisal and exploration wells have been fully supervised and completed with our key personal.
- LWD/MWD Control
- Sample and Core description
- Wellsite pressure prediction
- Graphic log completion
- Supervision on VSP acquisition
- Daily geological reports
- Petrophysical support
- Wireline Log Quality Control
- Wellsite paleontology
- Supervision and cooperation with Mud logger
- Cooperation with Drilling Superintendent
- Supervision on drilling mud ( for proper samples)
- Preparing Geochemical samples
- Determine all casing points
- Post Geological reports
- HSE policy concern
5.Well Program and Completion Reports
Regarding experiences of our team on the drilling and geological activities of the exploration, appraisal and development wells, we are capable to prepare the advance geological and drilling well program and also prepare the comprehensive completion reports for all type of wells.
- Geological forecast
- Drilling program
- Well completion reports (Geology and Drilling)
- Petrophysical Engineering
We have arranged an experienced petrophysical specialists group for evaluation of all exploration, delineation, development wells and any reservoir characterization projects. Our petrophysicists believe to work as a group with our geoscientist and reservoir engineers to reach appropriate data for static and dynamic models.
- Digitized services for any type of old logs
- Conventional and advanced Logs interpretation with the up-to-date related softwares
- Image Logs interpretation
- Specialized skills for developing predictive, electrofacies models constrained to sedimentological descriptions
- Specialized skill for developing linear and non-linear, Predictive permeability models
- Experienced for conditioning log data for seismic studies
- Wireline log quality control
- Biostratigraphy study
- Core studies
7.Regional and Exploration Block
Several experienced structural geologists, sedimentologists, field geologist, subsurface geologists, stratigaphers (Sequence stratigraphers), palaeontologists, geophysicists, petrophysicists and reservoir engineers are available to this company to present advance study for all the Iranian basins. The core team of the company have been involve (study & operation) in several Exploration Risk Blocks, International Joint study& Basin study.
- 2D and 3D Seismic interpretation
- Geochemical review
- Interpretation of old wells
- Structural study and modeling
- Sequence stratigraphy study
- Petrophysical analysis
- Fracture Study
- Basin modeling
- Basic reservoir study
- Prospect (mapping, evaluation, Volumetric and Ranking)
- Preparing Well prognosis
- Technical consultancy
- Evaluation of tenders
8.Field Development Studies (MDP Preparation)
- Preparation of alternative development plan
- Project development economics studies
- Master Development Plan (MDP) Preparation
- Feasibility and pre-engineering studies
- Preparing technical specifications
Geotechnical department of SKCE is responsible for activities such as field studies, laboratory studies, as well as the design, implementation and supervision of geotechnical projects. With skilled and elite experts and senior consultants of modern geotechnical science in the fields of field experiments, laboratory tests, analysis, design, implementation and supervision of geotechnical projects, SKCE has been able to make accurate decisions in many important and difficult projects, and finish them all successfully. With proper databases, as well as world-class standards and regulations, and full-time efforts, this department has always been able to take steps towards progress in various fields of geotechnical science and make reliable and optimal decisions, both economically and on time of project duration. SKCE uses experts in the fields of geology, geotechnical engineering and earthquake engineering in order to better understand earth engineering.
- In-situ geotechnical studies and tests
- Standard Penetration Test (SPT)
- Cone Penetration Test (CPT)
- Permeability test, Lofran
- Permeability test, Logan
- Field Density Tests
- Determining the groundwater level using a depth finder and floor finder
- Shelby soil sampling and undisturbed soil sampling
- Laboratory geotechnical studies and tests
- Soil and rock density
- Water saturation
- Water absorption
- Porosity test
- Durability test of rock
- Soil swelling test
- Soil direct shear test
- Soil uniaxial test
- Rock uniaxial test
- Soil triaxial test
- Rock triaxial test
- Soil consolidation test
- Rock saw cut test
- Rock los Angeles test
- Rock ultrasonic test
- Petrography test
- Rock creep test
- Geotechnical Analysis & Design
Geotechnical engineering related to soil and rock behavior, soil and rock properties, recommendation of design soil and rock parameters, and design of structures considering soil-structure interaction.
- Evaluation of soil and rock parameters for design, evaluation of forces imposed on structures by soil and other in-situ materials.
- Analysis and design of underground structures, mass transit, tunnels, shafts and tunnel liners.
- Design of high capacity shallow and deep foundations, finite element analysis of mat foundations.
- Slope stability analysis of simple slopes, complex slopes and global stability analysis of deep braced excavations.
- Settlement analysis.
- Evaluation of Liquefaction Potential.
- Static and dynamic analysis of deep foundations (PDA), capacity analysis of deep foundations, load testing of shallow and deep foundations.
- Soil and rock support, soil nailing and rock anchors.
- Dewatering system analysis and design.
- Concrete test
- Concrete slump test
- Concrete Compressive Strength
Concrete Core Testing
- Concrete Mix Design
- Concrete–Aggregates QC test
- Nondestructive Testing of Concrete (Schmidt hammer test)
- Bitumen and asphalt tests
- Sampling and determining the temperature of fresh asphalt
- Determining the percentage of asphalt bitumen
- Preparation and determination of marshal endurance
- Determining the density of asphalt
- Gridding of stone materials and determination of fine grain percentage
- Determining the percentage of water absorption
- Presenting asphalt mixing plan
- Coring of hardened asphalt
- Structural Geology
Our Structural geologists have extensive experience in structural geology and geophysics using different interpretation techniques for better definition of structures favorable to hydrocarbon accumulations. The structural team is knowledgeable and familiar to the complexities of all structures caused by salt plugs, faults, variety of rock facies, huge unconformities and effects of paleo-highs.
- Definition of all surface and subsurface structures by the G&G data and field trips
- Prospect generation, screening and evaluation
- 3-D structural geometric analysis
- Integrated regional studies
- Cross-section construction and balancing
- Structural field mapping
- Field scale pressure regime
- Fault and define sealing or no sealing behavior
- Fracture analysis
- Structural geology based on interpretation results of image logs
- Defining fracture parameters (DFN Method)
- Depth to detachment calculations
The stratigraphy team is consist of experienced stratigraphers with more than 20 years services for each of them in the numerous Iranian sedimentary basin. Several sequence stratigraphic interpretations (the recognition of maximum flooding surfaces, sequence boundaries etc.) have been done by the team on several oil and gas fields in the subjected area.
- Define the third order cycle on the one dimensional well section on the basis of sedimentary environment, fauna and log pattern
- Sequences correlation between wells and surface sections.
- Preparing the Stratigraphical correlation chart
- Preparing the correlation chart for stratigraphic sequences.
- Constructing the paleogeography maps
- Electrofacies correlation in the stratigraphic sequences for reservoir studies.
Our Sedimentology team are expert in siliciclastic and carbonate rocks and have experience of hydrocarbon plays across the Zagross, Persian Gulf, Central and marginal basins of Iran. The Sedimentological studies are fully supported and integrated with biostratigraphy, geophysics, reservoir modeling and petrophysics.
Our biostratigraphers are well experienced, and expertise in the Zagross, Persian Gulf, Caspian Sea, Central and marginal Iranian basins through Phanerozoic time. Our specialists have a series of research on defining and aging of the relative movements of Palaeohigh, structural blocks and major faults based on micropalaeontological studies especially on the planktonic forams.
- Detailed, integrated post-well micropalaeontological analysis and bio zonation of exploration, appraisal and development wells. Palaeobathymetric and depositional interpretations
- Integrated regional and basinal review studies.
- Micropalaeontological control of offshore and onshore wells
- Biostratigraphic analysis for surface samples, cuttings, cores and etc…
- Preparing micropalaeontological logs and related report
Our geologists have been working on several complicated clastic and carbonate fields with many faults and fractures and also they have prepared 3D geological models for the fields with different facies distributions. We believe reservoir geology is construction of appropriate geo-cellular models based on all of the available 2D and 3D seismic data, Sequence stratigraphy, well test and well log data.
- Interpretation of 2D and 3D seismic data and produce detailed structural and stratigraphic models, incorporating attribute analysis, where appropriate
- Saturation modeling
- Volumetric calculations for hydrocarbon resource assessment
- Sophisticated depth conversion analysis including core and well test data
- Detailed Petrophysical analysis, to reach the reservoir property information
- Biostratigraphic analysis to constrain sequence stratigraphic interpretations and correlations
- Assessment of the impact of hydrocarbon distribution
Technical services for road activities:
- Feasibility study includes presenting engineering services to ensure success
- Preliminary &detailed design includes surveying, environmental studies (climate, geotectonic…), defining overall system configuration, schematic diagrams and layouts. And also includes designing developed preliminary studies to construct each aspect of project by complete details through solid modeling & drawings related to specifications
- Inspection &supervision includes control & monitoring all project activities like excavations, diggings, constructions…
- Project management includes planning, executing, controlling all aspects of the team work to achieve specific targets and meet the success
- Value engineering
- Project control
As to broaden the scope of its professional borders towards required industrial trainings, Sahra Kav Consulting Engineers Company has been offering Training Courses in the relevant fields of geophysics, petroleum engineering, mining engineering, geology and geotechnics.